It is not always easy to find a loving situation for your pet while you are away. How about boarding in a country home setting where your pet is treated like a member of the family? We are not a kennel or just a dog boarding facility.
Your pet can enjoy the life in the country and have trips to the beach or go hiking.
Boarding includes pick-up and drop-off so you can travel as stress-free as possible. Your dog will be given an excellent herbal bath prior to return so that you can enjoy the soft coat and great smell of a clean and happy pet.
Some people think their pets have a better vacation than they do!
Balanced Obedience is also proud to offer long-term boarding for military clients and greatly reduced rate.
Oahu Boarding & Training Services
Text Sabrina 1-808-358-9190 your dates for Boarding-Training
- Free pick-up and deliver to Honolulu International Airport for dogs in boarding-training or doggie boot camp.
- Long-term discounts available.
- At the farm your dog will get to know other dogs, cats, birds and a miniature horse.
- Your dog can have its own space or mingle with the pack, whatever best suits its personality and your instructions.
- Dogs sleep indoors.
- Medicating your pet costs you no extra.
- Multiple-dog and long-term discounts.
- Diet and exercise will help if your dog is overweight.
- Dogs are fed a high quality diet Earthborn Coatal Catch, though you can send your dog with their own food if you wish.
- Free Service Area for Doggie Boot Camp and On-leash Mastery Course.
The Free Service Area for On-leash Mastery Course, Behavioral Consultation and Boardng-training is limited to Honolulu, Hawaii Kai, Kailua and Kaneohe; though clients outside of this area are welcome to meet me in the service area or pay the driving fee of $1/mile and $1/minute.
The Service Area for Doggie Boot Camp and Service Dog or Emotional Support dog training is all of Oahu.
Do you want your dog professionally groomed before it returns home to you? Balanced Obedience will provide pick up and delivery to our favorite groomer for $40.
- Current Vaccinations for: Parvovirus, Hepatitus and Bordetella
- Leptospirosis vaccination is not required, especially for puppies under 5 months of age or dogs under 15 pounds. This vaccine is recommended in Hawaii, especially for dogs that go hiking.
- Titer testing is acceptable instead of vaccinations.
- It is recommended that your dog has not been vaccinated or treated with flea medication within 7 days of visiting.
- Deworming your dog against heartworm, hookworm, whipworm and tapeworm is recommended.
- Preferred brands of heartworm prevention are Heartguard Plus, safe-guard and Sentinel.
- Preferred brands of parasite preventionare: Sentinel, Revolution, Advantix II, Preventic, Scalibor, Nexguard and Soresto.
- Your dog will be inspected for external parasites and clean ears. Please have your dog free of mats, dirty ears and parasites.
Medications will be administered at no cost.
- Hypoallergenic shampoo bath is included with all visits of 3 nights or more.
- Coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, and probiotic treatments are available at no charge.
- If your dog has a contagious disease, it will not be able to visit.
- A daily surcharge may apply to dogs that have not been spayed or neutered by 7 months of age for boarding-training. Female dogs in heat are not welcome to visit. Consider the BIG FIX or a Neuter Now Certificate for an affordable spay and neuter of your pet.
- Grain-free Earthborn is the house food.
- Balanced Obedience does not want to feed any dog food with strong negative reviews on Consumer Affairs, such as: Science Diet; Blue; Purina; Royal Canin; Eukanuba; Nutro and all brands manufactured by Diamond (Costco, Taste of the Wild and Solid Gold).
- Orijen and Natural Balance are available as an add-on.
- Orijen, Primal and Earthborn Dog Foods were chosen because of their excellent ingredients and good reviews.
- Please provide your dog’s own food in original packaging or ziplock bags and not storage containers. Raw food must be stable at room temperature.
- Primal Freeze Dried Raw food is availble as an add-on.
Below is a testimonial from an owner with an overweight dog.
“I could not thank Sabrina more for her care and help for my pug Lulu’s weight problem! He was terribly overweight and within 1 month, Sabrina helped him shed between 5-7 pounds! He is SO much happier, healthier and full of energy! Thank you Sabrina for giving him a second chance and pretty much helping him become a whole new dog, definitely for the better! I will from now on ONLY go to Sabrina for her care and services for my Lulu, and he certainly appreciates her work as well! Thanks so much for everything!”